Trustee Training Courses in Dublin and Cork
All pension scheme trustees are required to undertake trustee training on a regular basis. New trustees, including those persons who become a director of a body corporate that is a trustee, must undergo training within six months of the date of their appointment. Experienced trustees must undergo training every two years (from the individual’s training anniversary date).
Mercer’s Trustee Training Course
Mercer provides a Pensions Authority approved half-day trustee training course for both new and experienced trustees. This course is suitable for DB and DC trustees and is presented by a senior panel of experts from Mercer who have years of experience dealing with trustee issues. The courses are conducted over four hours and are designed to be interactive with updates and discussions on recent pensions issues and question/answer sessions throughout.
Bespoke Training Courses
In addition to this course, we can also provide bespoke training courses. Our Mercer consultants can work with you to identify the training needs of the trustee body as a whole, a subgroup or individual trustees. We can then develop and deliver a course or training programme designed to meet these specific needs. Courses can be run at any location convenient for the trustees, including your offices or the Mercer offices.
Who should attend
Whether you are a trustee, a pension administrator or involved in the day-to-day management of pensions, these courses will be of benefit to you. Attendees of these courses will be awarded four hours of formal CPD and will also receive a Trustee Training certificate.
Course dates for 2019
- 26th June 2019 (Dublin), Wednesday
- 21st August (Cork), Wednesday - Fully Booked
- 11th September 2019 (Dublin), Wednesday
- 23rd October 2019 (Dublin), Wednesday
- 13th November 2019 (Dublin), Wednesday
Timings and Location
Time: 8:45am - 13:00pm
Venue: Mercer offices in Dublin and Cork (Addresses listed below)
+353 1 603 9700
23/25 South Terrace
+ 353 21 491 0900
What is covered?
- Legal issues
- Roles and responsibilities
- Governance and risk management
- DB scheme financing/DC investment
- Topical issues and developments
How to book
If you wish to book a course at short notice (within 72 hours of the course date) or if you have any other queries regarding these trustee training courses, please call Elaine Costello on +353 1 411 8328 or email Elaine.email@example.com.
Terms & conditions
Courses are subject to demand. Should a course date be rescheduled, we will notify interested trustees at least one week prior to the change.
€390 per participant: 15% discount for each additional participant from the same organisation attending on the same day
- Cancellations should be sent in writing to the course administrator ( Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the course will be subject to a cancellation fee.
- You may substitute a colleague for yourself up to 48 hours before the start of a course.